The Biology Division is the centre of expertise for protection against biological threats and hazards within Spiez Laboratory. Two other specialist groups also work in the bio-protection field: the Arms Control Section (export controls, Australia Group) and the Chemistry Division (biotoxin analyses)
- Assessment of threats by biological agents, either naturally occurring or man-made
- Analysis and diagnosis of highly pathogenic biological agents and toxins
- Research on epidemiology and pathogenesis, diagnosis of biological agents and toxins
- Maintaining expertise and technical readiness for biological incident-response
- Scientific support for export and arms control activities
- Biosafety education, training and research.
Top of page